Cromer’s Junior Golf Academy
Cromer Golf Club’s Junior Golf Academy is one of the most comprehensive structured golf programs in Sydney. The Academy includes professional tuition and on-course golf each weekend with all aspects of the game covered including rules and etiquette. Boys and girls from aged between 10 and 16 years are eligible to participate.
- To encourage the young to take up and actively participate in the game of golf;
- To provide instruction on golf, and how to maximise the fun and enjoyment of the game;
- To recruit and develop Junior Players to strengthen the Junior Membership at Cromer Golf Club;
- To assist in developing the skill sets with the aim of attaining Representative Honours.
The Junior Golf Academy is structured to enable participants to advance to further stages having competently achieved the skills and golf etiquette learned in each stage. Participants attend weekly tuition clinics and play golf each week with all golf tuition provided by our PGA qualified golf professionals. In addition to skills coaching, participants also receive guidance on etiquette, dress, rules of golf and fun skills activities. Participants are provided with regular feedback on their progress but a focus remains on the enjoyment of the game at all times.
Stage 1 (Beginners)
Includes weekly one hour tuition session with PGA Professionals for 16 weeks. Tuition will cover grip, stance, full swing fundamentals, tee shots, putting, chipping, pitching and bunker play. A four hole competition follows the tuition.
Stage 2 (Intermediate):
Further weekly tuition with PGA Professionals over 16 weeks concentrating on building skills sets already obtained in Stage 1 including putting, chipping, pitching and bunker play. Additional etiquette and rules instruction is also included. A four hole on-course competition follows the tuition.
Stage 1 & 2 Junior Academy Enrolment / Registration:
The Junior Golf Academy is held over two (2) terms with a maximum of 16 children per term:
Term 1: February-May (16 weeks)
Term 2: August – November (16 weeks)
- Coaching classes are held Saturdays 2pm-3pm and 3pm-4pm. Each class has a maximum of 8 students. A rules and etiquette component is integrated in to the tuition period.
- Academy students then experience on-course play after each coaching session. Play (4 holes) under the supervision of Club volunteers.
- Certificates are issued to all participants after completing each Stage, with a Golf Professional’s report & assessment as they progress through each level.
- At the end of each Stage a Professional Skills Challenge is conducted, with trophies, prizes and a formal presentation which parents / guardians are invited and encouraged to attend.
PROGRAM COST PER TERM.
Stage 1: $355 per junior plus Junior Golf Academy uniform of $69 (total fee $424)
Stage 2: $355 per junior
Cromer Golf Club is an approved provider for the Active Kids rebate.
(Graduation from Junior Academy to Cadet Membership):
Upon graduation, our professional team will assess each individual’s skill level, and understanding of golf rules and etiquette to recommend Cadet Membership of the club.
Cadet Membership: $520 Annual Fee (only available to juniors having completed Stage 1 and 2 and have been approved advance to Cadet Membership by Head PGA Professional.
TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST CLICK HERE
For more information about Cromer Golf Club’s Junior Golf Academy please contact:-
Cromer Golf Club on (02) 9982 3088 or email: email@example.com.
Club Professional – Nicholas Robb on (02) 9971-2263 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org