Congratulations to Greg Bell from Bonnie Doon Golf Club who was crowned the winner of the 2018 Cromer Bowl on Saturday 9th June.
Played under grey skies and at times wet conditions, players were challenged by Cromer’s tight layout and speedy greens. However Greg Bell thrived in the conditions, and despite a bogey on the second hole, he bounced back to record birdies on the third, fourth and fifth holes before draining another birdie on the eighth to turn in three under par.
He was forced to fight hard however after a double bogey five on the par three ninth hole but recovered with a bounce back birdie and a steady closing nine to record a one stroke victory from Luke Park (Macquarie Links). Luke recovered from being four over par after six holes to return a score of one over par 71.
Shane Floyd was playing consistently before striking trouble on the 16th hole, a double bogey ending his chances of winning the trophy. He returned a score of 74 to finish as the leading Cromer member.
Players were full of praise for the condition of the golf course under the guidance of Course Superintendent Leon Hennessy and his team, in particular under difficult conditions following heavy rain during the week.
CROMER BOWL CONDITIONS OF COMPETITION
- The Committee in charge of all competitions is the Cromer Match Committee
- In the absence of the full Committee, such members as may be present at the time may give a decision and any decision so given will be deemed to be a decision of the full Committee.
- The Committee will have the sole management and control of the Competition with full power at any time to alter or vary any conditions.
- The Committee’s decision on matters affecting the Competition will be final.
- Competition is open to all male visiting members of affiliated Clubs with a GA handicap of 4.0 or less or male Cromer members with a GA handicap of 8.5 or less. In the event of over- subscription a ballot will be conducted with players with lower handicaps taking priority.
- The Rules of Golf, Local Rules printed on the back of the scorecard plus any temporary Local Rules displayed on the Pro Shop pillar will apply to the competition.
- The event is also played under the conditions of Golf NSW Vardon events.
GROUPS AND STARTING
- On the day of the competition the names and times on the starting sheet become the time and order of starting by the Committee. Players wishing to cancel must do so prior to the draw being published to be eligible for a refund of fees.
SUSPENSION OF PLAY
- In the event of lightning in the proximity of the course or the course becoming unplayable, a siren will be sounded. These signals apply: o Discontinue play immediately: one prolonged siren (dangerous situation) o Discontinue play: three consecutive notes of the siren, repeated (course unplayable) o Resume play: Two short notes of siren, repeated
- See Rule 6-8 for the procedure in discontinuing and resuming play.
- In the event of a tie for the overall winner of the stroke play event (The Cromer Bowl), a sudden death playoff will be conducted on the 8th hole repeatedly until a winner is determined. Each participant will need to be present at the time of the playoff’s commencement, which will take place 30 minutes after the final competition card is submitted or when the tee is available.
- Protests regarding play in the competition must be made to the Captain, Committee (or representative thereof) or General Manager immediately after the cessation of play By entering this event you are agreeing to comply with the conditions of play as listed above.