The annual Cromer Golf Club Charity Golf Day returns on Tuesday 29th May supporting two local charities; Stewart House and The Burdekin Association. Visitors are invited to enjoy one of Sydney’s premier courses whilst raising funds for these two charities doing wonderful things in our community as we aim to improve last year’s donation of $35,637!
How can you can get involved and support our local Charities?
Sponsor a Hole: Hole sponsorship packages provide entry for four (4) players in the 18 hole Shotgun start golf event with two motorised carts, lunch and two course dinner for each player. Sponsors have the opportunity to display internal and external signage during the Charity Day, create an engaging activation on the course and will also be recognised in event collateral. You can also take the opportunity to distribute novelty tee gifts and brochures to event participants in the player gift bags.
Enter Individually: Individual player entries are welcome providing 18 holes of golf (10:30am registration for 11:30am shotgun start), lunch, two course dinner. Players with or without an official handicap are welcome.
Cost: $80 (Members) / $120 (Visitors)
Donate an Auction Item or Raffle Prize: A massive part of our fundraising is generated from raffles, silent and live auctions. We gratefully accept prize and auction items of any size that will support these fundraising efforts.
To donate an item please contact Dean Trobbiani on email@example.com or call 9982 3088 or deliver it to the Club Office.
About our Charities
Each year 1,800 public school children in need come to Stewart House. During their stay, children are provided with optometric, dental and medical treatment as well as emotional support. This is balanced with health and educational programs and out of school activities to boost their self-esteem and to promote a healthier lifestyle.
The Burdekin Association
The Burdekin Association Vision aims to ensure all children, young people and their families are empowered and supported to develop their full potential and have the life skills and opportunities to lead a full and active life in our community.
How proceeds are used at The Burdekin Association
In 2017, Cromer Golf Club presented Justene Gordon, Executive Officer for The Burdekin Association, a cheque for $17,983.36 raised by Cromer Golf Club’s 2017 Annual Charity Golf Day. In the period since receiving this donation, The Burdekin Association has used the proceeds to provide:
- The costs for one year for our Youth Advisory Group. This group consists of a number of Young People who reside within our service. They serve to advise the organisation how to do better from our Young people’s perspective, take on small projects for the organisation (such as redesigning the front entrance way) as well as sharing experiences together.
- 5 new laptops for children/young people that are attending school within our service.
- 10 supervised contact visits between two of our children (12 and 15) who require support on the weekends to visit their parents.
- 10 weekend youth work support sessions delivered to 1 vulnerable young person (13) who requires additional support on the weekend.
- 10 sets of Bedding for new clients entering the service.
- “Set up shopping” for 10 new clients entering the service, whereby Burdekin staff go grocery shopping with clients the day they move in to new accommodation to assist them to have a full cupboard and fridge.