Dress & Etiquette
As a general rule, neat, clean and tidy golf attire (similar to that stocked by our Professional) and neat smart casual wear is appropriate within the Cromer Golf Club. The dress regulations of the Clubhouse can be applied to all the Club’s designated practice areas.
Fold down collars and mock turtle-necked designed golf shirts. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times.
Tailored shorts of knee length (i.e. just above or just below).
Tailored slacks or trousers.
Long walk socks properly secured, short sport socks or ankle socks.
Soft spikes or non-penetrating spikeless shoes manufactured specifically for golf.
Smart casual shoes without socks are permitted on the terrace and in the member’s bar area only.
- Golf shoes with metal spikes; thongs; sandles (for men) or sandshoe/jogger type footwear.
- Socks that are not visible above shoes.
- Any attire bearing any substantial advertising motifs not relating to golf.
- Abbreviated or beach-style shorts or slacks with elastic or tie-cord.
- Bicycle pants and gym wear; 3/4 length pants/trousers or cargo pants/shorts for men.
- T-shirts, rugby shirts, tracksuit type clothing.
- Peaked caps worn with the peak to the rear or sides.
- All players must report to the Pro Shop 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tee time.
- A sand bucket is to be carried by all players and used to repair divots.
- Golf carts are not to be driven within 10 metres of tees or greens unless on paths provided.
- Course maintenance staff have right of way.
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted on the course or in the clubhouse. They may be used on the balcony or in the carpark.
- In the clubhouse, all drinks must be consumed from a glass and not from bottles or cans.